Author Topic: Problem with firmware on v4 Genius  (Read 433 times)

gixxerboss

• View Profile
Problem with firmware on v4 Genius
« on: July 04, 2020, 12:17:47 PM »
Hello just received my bltouch today, after weeks of waiting followed all instructions flashed firmware connected screen fan etc put the base back on, all looking good flashed touch screen still looking good,  try print sliced it using prusaslicer
load filament and hit print
it was taking ages to heat the bed
it did not stop when it went to the right and crashed,
so ok turn off re-set & try again
again taking ages to heat up the bed and hot end, then error code saying bed stopped heating.
turned off try again this time bed went to 36c stays there does not start print as bed not hot enough
so I manually use pre-heat on the bed to 50c very slowly gets to temp and starts printing YIPEE
 not probing before any print just does one in the centre and then moves to bottom left,
 the home position is no longer front left but kind of centre.
forgot when it does probe now I have added G29 to start g-code in prusaslicer it will start printing about 5mm above the bed, I have done z-offset but then it still sits above the bed for the print, not sure how to save Z-OFF-SET
I'll video it tomorrow and add a link to this thread.
Any help very very much appreciated
Brian 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 02:24:21 PM by gixxerboss »

gixxerboss

• View Profile
Re: Problem with firmware on v4 Genius
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 02:14:09 PM »
Ok so sorted the problem, so one last question, not all the time but every 3rd 4th print I have to redo the z offset has anyone had this problem themselves as if it forgets where its at, once I redo the z, it's ok for a few more prints

AndrewJCS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 12:36:31 PM »
Hi gixxerboss,

I'm having the same issue where my BLTouch is going to the right and crashing, as if it was thinking that the bed size is the one from the Sidewinder. Funny enough, this only happens right before a print. When doing a manual AutoLevel it probes in the right points. I'm using Mod v1.5 which is already configured for the Genius with correct bed size.. I'm a bit frustrated as I can't figure out what's wrong....

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 04:06:13 PM »
Hi, sorry been on holiday for a week.  Will try and help if I can.

Can you let me know just whats going on please.  At what point is it going to the right, is it after the G28 Home command where it goes to the left, then moved the bed back, then goes to the centre and lowers?

Thanks,

Steve

Fanuc12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 04:54:22 PM »
Happened last week so i might be wrong. from what i remember it had started to do the auto bed level. it did the first point at the far right front of the bed then tried to go farther to the right before i turned it off. ive had it happen a few times over about 20 prints. i think it crashed because the bl touch sensor is of the bed when it tries sense the bed.  i watch it now when i start a print. as long as the ABL program works the print is fine.