Author Topic: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.5  (Read 5864 times)

CJS

• View Profile
Re: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.5
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2020, 11:47:46 AM »
And it works - fantastic - thanks a lot  ;D

Please one remark: can you added in one of  the next versions the PLA-Preheating-Function in "more" - there is space for one more icon  ::)  and I miss it very much ...

Thanks for all - you explained it in such a way, that an old man whose mother tongue is not english understood and implemented it - respect!

spuds1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2020, 01:07:48 PM »
Hey. Just wanted to say this is a fantastic mod that keeps the look of the printer stock. Just one issue for me. I use octoprint to stream gcode. Is there a way to get babysteps on the touch screen while using octoprint?

SilentSnake

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2020, 08:48:40 AM »
I found a serious bug! Try following:
- Switch on Printer
- Tools --> Level
- Select Level Point "One"
- Go back in Menu an proceed to Submenu "Move"
- Move Nozzle 0.1mm up
From now on, be careful:
- Go back to Level and choose Point "Two"

Result: The printer does not go to origin, but crashes over the right end of the x axis and the pushes the nozzel directly into the bed. Full force, the rattles and makes a horrible noise ...

inaudible101

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2020, 09:35:48 PM »
Superb, glad you sorted it.  Yes, for others you can use the M851 Xxx Yxx Zxx to set the offset for the BLTouch and then do a M500 to save it to the eeprom, then a M503 to check it's been saved.

So....
M851 X20 Y-3 Z-1.52   
M500

I know you've already done this, but posted for others :-)

Good news and happy printing....

Steve

Hi!
I've been a long time lurker. I've been using the last few iterations of your firmware. I just replaced my cooling solution with a new option and used the commands you provided above, but when I use the touch screen to set the z offset it seems to still use your old x and y offsets for the bltouch. I have tried restarting the printer and clearing the eeprom and resetting the x y but I have the same results. I can confirm that the x and y are updated to the values I need using your command above or M851.

Thank you and I look forward to the next update!

Hohyss

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2020, 06:50:25 PM »
Hello,

First, thx for your work, i installed a new BLtouch 2.3 from Antlabs and the installation is good.
When i use the auto level for BLtouch on screen all is good and the BLTouch go on with no issue.
But i have a big problem :
When i turn on the printer, and want to print something, the G28 command done and when the G29 command come, the head go to the full right and block (like the printer want to go more on the right)....I have to turn off the printer because it forces on the engine. :(
Do you have a solution ? Thx and sorry for my boad english.

kalease

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2020, 02:58:59 PM »
Hello-

Thanks for the great video tutorial and firmware mod. I'm coming from stock firmware and everything went without a hitch.

One thing I noticed however was that now when I print the outline of an object it adds a line or does print it straight. Here is an example of how it added a line. The first time it happened when I printed the calibration cube I didn't take a picture because I thought it was maybe a fluke. I'm not sure if this is something in the firmware or Gcode but I'm using the same startup Gcode as in the past, just added G29 to it.

Any thoughts on what could be happening here? See the red outline in the picture showing the problem.

Thanks
Kalease

Scarabeus

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2020, 10:32:20 AM »
Hello,

I have also the problem that the x axis crashed in the right end.
I suspect that the home position is stored incorrectly. And then based on that the end of the x axis to the right is completely wrong.

I use octolapse and the function to place the head in the right. Before the mod this works fine. With the new firmware the print head crashs.

bartdesign

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2020, 10:12:11 AM »
First of all thanks for this great mod CdRsKuLL. I've installed it today and it works perfectly. My first layers have never looked this good.

The manual refers to the prusa slicer profiles, but i haven't been able to find these in the zip or the website. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

kalease

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2020, 09:38:50 PM »
I've had a handful of x axis crashes to the right since installing. Any ideas on a fix for this?

Thanks

ddcarter3

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2020, 08:35:28 PM »
First off, thanks to Steve for making this available.
I tried to print the slider piece. But it looks really bad on the slide portion, like a spiral. I did a temp tower, calibrated extruded and the flow.
I am using eSun PLA+, 210/60.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

ddcarter3

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2020, 08:39:31 PM »
The real first photo.

ddcarter3

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2020, 08:53:04 PM »
Try one more time!

kalease

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2020, 03:29:04 PM »
I tried to print the slider piece. But it looks really bad on the slide portion, like a spiral. I did a temp tower, calibrated extruded and the flow.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

furious1y

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2020, 09:53:35 AM »
That's some weird extrusion.

Things to check:
Fan speed - drop to 25% to see if it changes the extrusion
Slicer - I've had many issues with Cura, try prusa or simplify3d
Ensure in the slicer:
    Nozzle settings are correct size
    Multiplier is 0.96 or higher
    speed is around 40-50mm/s
Calibrate - see if the correct amount is extruded:
https://3dprintbeginner.com/artillery-sidewinder-x1-calibration-guide/

Try different fresh filament - just to rule out the geometry. Also, bake the filament at 50C for an hour in an oven to get any moisture out.
Also, some filament may say 210-240, but that may be low. I regularly run filament at the top end of the manufacturers spec, so try going up to 225-230

Pointy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2020, 09:48:40 AM »
Does anyone actually see any z movement while printing after ABL? I don't see any movement and thought at first it was just because I am doing small prints, but when printing a larger piece today, I still see no movement while printing. This makes me think the mesh is not being used. (On my old Ormerod that had a sensor board I could always see the Z axis moving as it compensated for the bed being out of level)

Regards,

Les