Author Topic: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.5  (Read 6150 times)

nicedevil

• View Profile
Re: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.5
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2020, 12:22:00 PM »
Ok :)

Extruder calibrated, now printing the test cube 25x25x25 for Extrusion multiplier :) After this linear advance will be set up.

What I found out so far for now is that the first layer is realy, realy thin extruded (no changes to my Simplify3D Profile is done at this point belonging to this). Will change the nozzle as well later, beeing still on the original nozzle and got a plated and a hardened steel one laying around.

The nozzle should be the problem but maybe the hight adjustment? It is realy realy sticky to the printbed with such a thin first layer (got a filaprint plate).

EDIT: Some photos to demonstrate. The parts around the printhead itself are all printed with linear advance. For my needs an impressive quality. Sure there are guys out that got better ones but I was amazed after coming home and saw those prints :)
Especially take a look at the photos of the skirt and the first layers... have to fix something here :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:51:59 PM by nicedevil »

Petermcm_ni

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 03:47:50 PM »
Hi Steve would you be able to send a link of the little clip cover you used on the base of the x1 to allow access to the tft plug.

Many thanks in advance
Pete

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 05:39:18 PM »
Nicedevil,  you need to change your z offset.  When it starts printing again click in the more menu and you will see babysteps. 0.025mm, just click the up one a few times until you're happy. You do this when it's printing.. so really easy to adjust and it also saves this value so you don't have to do it again :-)

Pete,  not at my PC but I'll have a look if I still have it for you to upload.  Will be tomorrow now.

Thanks,

Steve

nicedevil

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2020, 05:43:04 AM »
Hey Steve,

did the calibration and adjusted the Z-Offset now. But it seems that the BL-Touch measurements won't help at all :(
Here you can see a screen of a testing cross what teaching tech is using for his first layer adjustments.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 06:00:49 AM by nicedevil »

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2020, 07:44:55 AM »
Its had to tell from photos..

Is that the standard bed you are printing on?  I still think you are to close from the photos. ,Also, try with a different filament.

Does your gcode have a g29 in it?

nicedevil

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »
Hey Steve,

I have G29 in it ofc :) Already tested with different filament (also PETG, that is the orange one).

It seems that my extruder got a problem. Did a recalibration test of the extruder.
And now it doesn't grab 100mm of filament... just 73mm. After calculation of the e-steps i got around 610 instead of original 445. That doesn't make sense that there is such a big deviation!

I disassembled the whole printhead and cleaned everything. Everything looks fine, nothing broken etc.
Could it be that the nozzle and the heatbreak got a problem?

EDIT: Ok Steve, maybe the problem is solved now. Did whole reset (not that I did it more than one times before) with m502 and started from scratch again... Now the extruder calibration works. I only need 494 E-Steps and not 600 or more and the first layer looks much better :)
Will upload a photo after it finished the X... in the top left corner is the only spot that I'm not happy with now, but maybe I can fix it as well in the next days, it is a location where I don't print that much :P
Maybe for others: Starting from the top left corner to the middle... you can see the difference between the Z-Offset calibration during the print :)

EDIT2: Last photo => back to quality where I'am happy with (left old, right new) :) Thank you steve for all your help!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 02:06:24 PM by nicedevil »

Petermcm_ni

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2020, 04:28:07 PM »
[quote

Pete,  not at my PC but I'll have a look if I still have it for you to upload.  Will be tomorrow now.

Thanks,

Steve
[/quote]

Cheers Steve much appricated ✌

Petermcm_ni

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 06:34:07 AM »
Hey Steve would it be possible to include pid tuning in your V1.6 when you are releasing ?
Cheers
Peter

Mutoniatus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2020, 01:22:25 PM »
I had issues after installation with the BLTouch on my Sidewinder X1 V4 with the probe not touching the printbed and putting out the error message "Error:Printer halted. kill () called!" when starting to set the z-offset. In some instances it does seem to do the initial probing correctly and also the auto-leveling, but when I start the print, the z-axis moves up, then down and just stops mid-air and once again puts out the error message above. On some occasions however, the probe manages to touch the printbed. I also noticed, when I turn off the printer, and use the home button, the gantry also mostly stops in midair without the BLTouch touching the printbed, once again putting out the error message. In other cases I get the error message "Probing failed" when trying to do the auto bed-leveling.

Does anyone else experience issues like this? I have not found anything useful relating to this error online :(

At first I thought, maybe its due to the fact Im using a 3DTouch rather than a genuine BLTouch. I still tried a bunch of different things, as I also considered it could be a loose contact due to the seemingly random outcomes. I disconnected all the cables, checked the wiring, plugged everything back in (I did this probably around 5-6 times now), to no avail. I tried a bunch of different firmware versions which stated to be compatible with the waggster mod but none made a difference. I followed all the steps in the tutorial from the beginning over and over again, which also didnt change anything. So today, my genuine BLTouch arrived in the mail and I immediately switched it out. Nothing changed, which was super frustrating. At this point, Im about to give up.

Any suggestions on what might cause the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2020, 01:34:22 PM »
You could try flipping BOTH 3 pin connectors. So the one on the board and the one at the extruder.  Some people are finding it's shorting out on the other pins on the mainboard.  So if you flip them both then report back :-)

Mutoniatus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2020, 05:02:28 PM »
Thank you, I actually tried every combination, once getting an error message "Error:!! STOP called because of BLTouch error - restart with M999", once the BLTouch was blinking red constantly and unable to deploy and the third time no leds turned on at all. Turns out it was already connected the right way (connector on extruder was already flipped as previously suggested in the comments of your youtube video).
Weirdly, the error message "Error:Printer halted. kill () called!" didnt appear anymore after I returned the connectors to the positions I started out with. I do remember this happened before, so it mightve been a loose connection or short after all?

Now when I try auto bed-leveling, on random probing points the extruder moves towards the printbed but just stops mid-air before reaching it and continues with the next probing points, which leaves me with a mesh thats completely off and much worse results than not using a BLTouch at all.

What the hell is going on  :-\

nicedevil

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2020, 08:48:59 AM »
Hey Steve,

in the downloaded zip isn't the prusa_slicer profile included anymore. It is still listed in your description.
Maybe you got time to fix the descritption ;)

simoxx96

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2020, 07:31:24 AM »
Hi everyone i need the prusa slicer config bundle. where can I find it? in the waggster mod v1.5 there is no file  :(

marcomomsen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2020, 07:32:26 AM »
Download an older version, it is in there.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2020, 05:31:43 AM »
Download an older version, it is in there.

Oh, sorry I must have missed it.  I'll stick it on the list for the next release