Author Topic: Not Heating After BLTouch 1.4 install  (Read 885 times)

iatsesparky720

• View Profile
Not Heating After BLTouch 1.4 install
« on: March 04, 2020, 02:41:55 PM »
i just installed the bundled firmware and profiles as directed in the PDF and the youtube video. Reset the eeprom (i hope....as it did nothing when i pressed the key on screen) leveled the bed and went to heat up so i could test run and nothing. It doesnt change temp at all so that ii can remove old filament and input new?????.....HELP

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not Heating After BLTouch 1.4 install
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 03:05:21 PM »
So when you click on remove filament.. nothing happens? Does the printer home or respond to any of the touchscreen, are you getting current temps showing etc... ?

iatsesparky720

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 04:36:29 PM »
yes the screen is responding. no the extruder direct feeder isnt moving. yes i see temp on display and i can change the temp but the nothing changes on the unit. all other functions of menus seem to be working though

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 05:39:23 PM »
Just checking you are heating up the extruder first before trying to move the motor?   When you go to the filament menu, and click load / unload it should ask you to heat the nozzle first.. is it doing this?

Also... I know it sounds silly, is it still connected to your PC.. and if so, have you actually turned the printer on so it has mains power and not just running off you PC usb power?

iatsesparky720

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 08:39:12 PM »
it does sound silly but i did make that mistake with power at first....but i correctwed the fault and still no joy.

iatsesparky720

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 08:40:25 PM »
also no it is not asking me to heat like it shoukld before removing filament.....it allows me to change the temp on the display but it never actually changes temperature

yopero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 03:25:05 PM »
Hi I have got a sidewinder x1 and a 3D Touch(clone)
I have followed the instructions from the pdf and video.
I am having problems with the latest files v1.4 after trying to print the extruder
never manages to heat, I am still trying to debug looking into marlin and the board schematics although
am not familiar with any. Here the log of things I have noticed in case anyone have suggestions:

Code: [Select]
+---------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| action                                | result                                                                  |
+---------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| start printer                         | ok                                                                      |
| Tools>heat>bed                        | ok                                                                      |
| Tools>head>extruder                   | ok                                                                      |
| Tools>more>autolevel                  | it goes trhoug the process  25 points                                   |
| Add g29 after g28 in cura             | *                                                                       |
| Slice stl and save gcode file         | *                                                                       |
| Inspect gcode to make sure it has G29 | ok                                                                      |
| Print>select file: _^                 | bed starts heating to the temperature set in the slicer                 |
|                                       | can see that extruder is set to the temperature in the slicer after 5-7 |
|                                       | seconds it goes back to cero                                            |
|                                       | printer keeps bed at the temperature set in the slicer                  |
|                                       | it can stay like that for ever                                          |
|                                       | If I cancel the print it seems to do it but then                        |
|                                       | if I try to move any axis or do homing from the display nothing happens |

This is how I connect the sensor to where the led was connected:
+--------------+----------+
| original led | 3D Touch |
| B            | Brown    |
| G            | Red      |
| R            | Orange   |
| Gnd          | White    |

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 03:07:56 AM »
You will need to run a pid tune and enter the values in to the eeprom. I should be releasing a new version tonight 1.5 with this done to match my machine which you can try.

Steve

yopero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 05:41:43 AM »
Steve, looking forward to it and thanks for your work.

yopero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 01:00:58 PM »
Hi, I went through the PID auto tuning in Marlin using the following gcodes:
M303 E0 S205
which gave the the PID values
Kp: 10.44 Ki: 0.63 Kd: 43.38

then
M301 H1 P10.44 I0.63 D43.38
M500
to save it to eeprom.

After that the hotend got the needed temperature and  printing went smoothly.
I think I am gonna add those values to my slicer instead because those values will depend on the temperature needed for different materials.
I have got a question. Does the G29 probing need to be done every time? more specifically. after doing the probing, do those values get saved in the eeprom?
Thanks.
I have

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 01:03:55 PM »
Hi,

Just getting ready to release the new firmware now (in testing)

I'm going to be using

Hotend
  // Sidewinder X-1
  #define DEFAULT_Kp 12.19
  #define DEFAULT_Ki 0.89
  #define DEFAULT_Kd 41.93

Bed
  #define DEFAULT_bedKp 26.37
  #define DEFAULT_bedKi 1.77
  #define DEFAULT_bedKd 262.06

Yes, the G29 Bed level is saved to the eeprom and loaded each time before a print.  However, I would recommend for the time it takes would be to run the G29 command for every print... just incase.

Steve

yopero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 01:58:33 PM »
I am going to keep the G29 then.
Great news about the new version!
I will test it as soon as it is out, specially now that I have made a quick hack to disconnect the tft.

https://ibb.co/3dQqfkT

It needs a toggle switch but at the moment only got push buttons so I have to make do.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 04:11:08 PM »
Nice job on the flash wire.. I do wish they would add a switch or something. It would save alot of hassle.

BTW.. 1.5 is now uploaded :-)

Steve