Author Topic: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.3  (Read 1239 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.3
« on: February 01, 2020, 05:18:32 AM »

ddave47

• View Profile
Re: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.3
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 05:52:42 PM »
This version did not work for my X1 v4 with the BLtouch 3.1.  Upon G28, the probe goes to 0,0,0 then it goes to the center of the bed, then the probe did not drop and the head buried unto the bed.  I installed V1 and it works great.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks to CdRsKuLL
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:25:57 PM by ddave47 »

calingg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 11:25:50 AM »
I installed it on X1 v4 with the BLtouch 3.1 and it works great!

ddave47

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 12:51:53 AM »
My ribbon cable was not making good connection and causing a disconnection on the white wire.  Now to make some ribbon cable supports!

furious1y

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 04:27:42 PM »
Hi - thanks for posting such a comprehensive guide.
I wonder if someone could help me though - I've got v4 and just installed a BLtouch v3.1.

Sending home has a 50% chance of deploying the probe. Seems to work if I use the reset button on the touchscreen a few times. It'll then work for a while then stop working again. I've managed to get it to do a complete bed probe, then when it came to print, the home command didn't deploy the probe and it wanted to bury the head into the bed.

Sending the gcode for deploying and retracting works 100% of the time, so I'm thinking this is some quirk I've read from some searching that the version of marlin needs to be newer or have the V3 of bltouch enabled.

Any advice appreciated, would setting it to 5v mode using gcode make it behave better?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 04:30:28 PM by furious1y »

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 05:44:51 AM »
Hi, I'm just uploading v1.4...   Can you give that a go and let me know.  It's the mainboard you will need to update as that's the only one thats changed.

Cheers

Steve

furious1y

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 02:58:26 PM »
Just an update - saw someone posting about weirdness with the cooling fan, so gave that a try....
Get this - if I force the fan to 100%.... it completes the homes 100% of the time.
But then, it will never complete an autolevel - always fails to either deploy on the 5th or 6th probe, or it will deploy but not register and so error.
So, I then put gcode in to spin the fan at 100% for home, then turn it off for the ABL part.

Tried to print something - doesn't work. I'm suspecting that the probe is flaky and is barely triggering, the fan is enough to get it to work but the extruder heating is too much of a drop and stops working again.

Seems a lot of people do not like the 3.1 version, problem is you can't find any other previous versions out there :(

I've returned this one and got another one coming tomorrow, will see if 1.4 makes a difference.
BTW, I compiled your 1.3 firmware, yet I get a few KB less - do you include all the files needed in the zip file?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 06:58:57 PM »
Hi,  let me know on 1.4 versions.  Yes, all the files are included so as long as it compiles okay you will be good to go.  :-)

furious1y

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 11:02:16 AM »
Ok, so replaced with a different probe - same issues.
Reflashed with v1.4....
Success!

First print already done, home and ABL worked flawlessly.

Thank you very much, looks like the v4 has some weird problems with the LED stuff :)