Author Topic: Wanhao D9 Mk2 Waggster CR10Pro Firmware  (Read 8010 times)

jcyavari

• View Profile
Re: Wanhao D9 Mk2 Waggster CR10Pro Firmware
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2020, 05:39:01 PM »
I got impatient and didn't want to wait for the nut mounting blocks, so I swapped the existing wanhao parts left-to-right. here are pics. as you can see in the pictures, there are 2 screws on the one (inner) side but nothing on the other (outer) side, so i should drill/tap a 3rd (and maybe 4th?) hole on the other (outer) side.

(edited to add right side and x-gantry installed)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:13:42 PM by jcyavari »

brette

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2020, 02:11:46 PM »
Hi CdRsKull.
First off, fantastic effort to get the D9's improved.
I have a D9 500 and successfully loaded both LCD and main firmware.
Bed leveling completed perfectly and stored and the mesh was used in printing.
I did a few successful prints but then end up with a "cooling" message whenever I try to print an new gcode file.
I have tried Cura and Prusa slicer but no difference once this message appears. That is when I have to flash back to original firmware.
I tried resetting EEprom once this occurs but the only cure is to re-flash to original.
No other option worked.
I am however using your profiles with factory firmware and getting far better results than original Cura settings.
Any Ideas?
Best regards

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2020, 04:01:00 PM »
Hi, not sure, do you know if it was the extruder or bed?   I can look at giving the thermal warning more range maybe.

Steve

brette

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2020, 12:47:53 AM »
Hi again.
The display did not indicate.
All I can say is that if I put a preheat on and then tried to print, it would heat both extruder and bed to preset temperatures on the preheat and then just sit there without ever transferring the set temperatures for the Gcode.
Thanks

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2020, 03:51:13 AM »
ahhh.. okay.  I wonder if your filename was too long.   The CR10 Pro firmware has this problem so I'm guessing it would be the same on the D9. 

If you wouldn't mind seeing how long the name is on the file you were trying to print...

Steve

brette

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2020, 03:56:24 AM »
Great Idea.
Ill reflash this weekend and post the results.
Thanks again for your help.
Regards

brette

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2020, 11:18:52 AM »
Quick update.
3 prints in and all good.
Keeping the name short so will test over the weekend and let you know.
Thanks again...

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2020, 04:04:54 PM »
Hi, thanks for the update... Let me know if you think this was the problem.

Cheers,

Steve

brette

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2020, 01:10:18 AM »
Good morning.
So far so good. Ho issues when using shorter files.
What is the maximum length BTW?
Also, in you profiles under machine custom GCode, is it fine to remove the G29 command?
I assume the mesh is stored and is used without measuring again?
Thanks

rdtymko

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2020, 10:28:13 PM »
Hi,  Im stuck on the load screen too.  Were you ever able to get this loaded?  Any ideas is appreciated?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2020, 05:37:23 PM »
Hi,  Im stuck on the load screen too.  Were you ever able to get this loaded?  Any ideas is appreciated?

I think it's to do with the length of the print filename..  So just try renaming the file something smaller like  smallername.stl and see if that works?  Can you let me know either way.

Thanks,

Steve

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2020, 05:40:32 PM »
Good morning.
So far so good. Ho issues when using shorter files.
What is the maximum length BTW?
Also, in you profiles under machine custom GCode, is it fine to remove the G29 command?
I assume the mesh is stored and is used without measuring again?
Thanks

Not sure to be honest, I'll have to do some testing regarding the lengthname.   You can remove the G29 and it should have saved the mesh.  You might need to reload it via a M420 S1 instead.. just have a feel of the Z couplers to see if they are moving slightly when printing. However, for the extra minute it takes always leave mine enabled.  I do move machines around a little and would always forget to turn it back on.

Steve

rdtymko

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2020, 07:08:08 PM »

I think it's to do with the length of the print filename..  So just try renaming the file something smaller like  smallername.stl and see if that works?  Can you let me know either way.

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry I should have been a bit more detailed...  I get stuck on the splash screen while trying to flash to the "D9 Mk2 - Waggster v1.0"  Firmware.  I flash the main board then the Screen.  perform the M500 and M502.  Turn off then on again and i get to the splash screen and no life after.  I restored it back to factory firmware and then tried again to flash to the new firmware to no avail.  Waiting on a 16gb SD Card to come as I only have 32GB cards.  The 32gb works when flashing back to the factory firmware.  So not sure what the significance of the 16GB limit on the card is about.  but will see what happens then.

Any ideas is appreciated...

You mentioned in another post that you were busy opening up your own business?...  What kind of business did you open up?

Richard

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2020, 01:31:09 AM »
Hey Richard,

I think when you are attempting to flash the touchscreen it's not actually flashing anything so when you return the mainboard back to the original firmware it seems to work again.

You can get around using a bigger sd card by partitioning it.  So,

1. follow the instructions here - https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/partition-a-usb-or-sd-card-disk-management-windows-10/   and create a 4gb partition.
2. format it as a FAT32 and importantly with a 4096 allocation size (drop-down selection on the format window)
3. Just copy over the touchscreen files to the root and power cycle

That's it, you should be good to go then :-)   Ideally you need a card less than 8gb I believe.

As for a Business, we have Quick3d.co.uk and toughlite.co.uk and strike-point.co.uk .... all under isc-uk.net  :-)  , so 3D printing, LED lighting + affray strips for the Police and Prisons...

Let me know how you get on :-)

Steve