Author Topic: Artillery X1 Help/Advice  (Read 402 times)

Pointy

• View Profile
Artillery X1 Help/Advice
« on: April 04, 2020, 07:18:06 AM »
Hi,

I just unboxed my Artillery X1 today and as I had watched a few videos and read a bunch of reviews, I knew I should check a few things before assembly. Straight away I have a really loose wheel on the bed assembly (middle right) and I also notice a bit of a tight spot when moving the bed back and forth by hand.

I am more concerned about the tight spot at the moment, should I be worried about it? (I can't see any obvious reason for it)

I am guessing I am going to have to remove the bed off the rails to get access to the bolt head and tighten up the loose wheel, what is the best way to do this?

Regards,

Les

Pointy

• View Profile
Re: Artillery X1 Help/Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 11:02:49 AM »
I'll answer my own question in case someone else comes across this.

What i did was remove the Y tension plate, this allowed me unhook the belt and slide off the bed bracket. When the belt was unhooked I could immediately feel that the tight spot had gone. I then tightened the loose wheel bolt, slid the bed bracket back on and adjusted all wheels. Now the bed is running nice and smooth. I can only assume it was something to do with the belt, possibly a bit of a kink where it has sat in the box, or maybe it was too tight.

Anyway the rest of the assembly went without hitch, I just have a couple of minor niggles.

The Z axis makes a horrible squeak when moving up. It's hard to tell exactly, but sounds like it is coming from the left coupler.

Next after leveling the bed cold and then at again at 60 degrees it seems like the center is a little high. I have yet to try and print so I am not sure if it will be a problem. I would like to do the BLTouch mod at some point, but obviously as this is brand new, I don't want to invalidate the warranty right away.

Regard,

Les