Author Topic: Having trouble with the BL touch out of the blue  (Read 76 times)

andreash

• View Profile
Having trouble with the BL touch out of the blue
« on: October 12, 2021, 02:48:00 PM »
So Iīve had my X1 for while now and installed the bl touch in April according to the guide found on youtube (
&ab_channel=Waggster). It was working flawlessly until about 2 weeks ago. I printed a file from Thingiverse and it came out fine
and I booted up the machine a couple of weeks ago to print something for Halloween but I got an error message, BLTouch error - restart with M999.

I did some digging and none of the fixes I found was working, Iīve read that it could the wires on the BL-touch so I went back to the store I bought it and go a new one. Just installed and to be sure of it not being a corrupted firmware, I flashed once more.

But now to the strange part, I can home the extruder and I could set the eprom but if I try to autolevel it goes to the middle, deploys the probe and lowers it slower than normal, then instead of moving to left side and start probing the extruder moves to bottom right corner, probs once and the Error: Probing Failed comes up.

I canīt for the life of me figure out why the printer just started acting up after months of perfect prints. I havenīt done any changes, havenīt moved it. I live in a flat with surgeprotection in the electricalsystem and have the printer connected to an external ups with surgeprotection so I donīt think it has gotten an spike and damaged any component.

Iīm at loss here, any ideaīs of what to do?