Author Topic: Help with BLTouch  (Read 491 times)

Fluke

• View Profile
Help with BLTouch
« on: July 05, 2021, 07:32:22 AM »
I am stuck and cant get BLTouch or a 3dtouch to work. Both will go through the probe deploy then retract routine when I turn on the printer, but will crash into the bed when I try to home the printer. Here are pictures of my wiring. The cables on the M/B look red but are actually brown. I have tried flipping the brown wires and still no joy.

Can somebody please take a look and tell me if the cables are correct. Thanks

JoshP

• View Profile
Re: Help with BLTouch
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 06:58:06 PM »
I too am having the same issue.  I have an Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4, and have loaded the v1.5 firmware.  When homing, it returns to the centre of the bed, but doesn't deploy the probe before lowering.  I have tried manually deploying the probe, but it is ignored when triggered (I have to shut the printer off at that point to avoid damaging the bed or the probe).  My wiring seems to be the same as the OP's pics, and seems correct to the instruction video (albeit different wire colours than in the video).  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

JoshP

• View Profile
Re: Help with BLTouch
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 09:59:19 PM »
An update - Problem solved for me!  I had another watch of the video and another read of the PDF, and realized that I had missed a notation in the PDF.  With the X1 V4, I needed to have the brown wires going to the mainboard flipped 180deg compared to the V3 (and prior).  The BLTouch started behaving as normal.  For some reason, the initial nozzle height was WAY too high on the first layer of my first print, and I had to baby-step it down quite a bit.  But, I think I've got it dialed in.

No issues found yet in this firmware, and it works a treat!