Author Topic: Artillery Sidewinder X1-COM Port not connecting in Windows 7  (Read 197 times)

Tony1ant

• View Profile
Artillery Sidewinder X1-COM Port not connecting in Windows 7
« on: March 08, 2021, 02:59:53 PM »
Hi Every1

I have been 3D printing for a few years now with a modified Ender 3 Pro & a Creality CP-01. I decided to buy the Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4 which I put together, set Bed Level & printed my first print (test cube on mem stick) perfectly.
However I came across 2 problems when I tried connecting to my PC (Win7 & has the latest CH340 driver)
1) I can't connect to the printer with the USB cable from my PC. I've tried many other USB cables (all new) with no luck. I set the COM Port to COM5 (my Ender 3 Pro is on COM4 & my CP-01 is on COM6 & they work perfectly. My Ender 3 Pro also has a Raspberry Pi 3B+ for Octoprint which works flawlessly).
2) I can't connect to the WiFi on the X1 either on its IP Address: 192.168.8.100 in my browser. I'm using Chrome. In the Device manager on Win7 it gives an Error Code 10, can't connect to device.

Has anyone encountered this problem before & did you find a fix for it?

Thank You In Advance
Hava Lovely Day
Kind Regards
Tony1ant

Tony1ant

• View Profile
Re: Artillery Sidewinder X1-COM Port not connecting in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 03:56:53 AM »
Hi Every1
I managed to find a fix I uninstalled the old driver and reinstalled the her CH341SER driver & my X1 now connects through Repetier to my PC. However when I try connect with Pronterface it shows the COM Port, but in the terminal window it's a Mish mash of jumbled letters and symbols a bit like opening an.exe file in notepad & it shows a whole lot of jumbled symbols etc. I cant connect to the X1 in Pronterface either. Any ideas?
I'll post a screenshot so you can see what I mean.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 04:03:13 AM by Tony1ant »