Author Topic: [SOLVED]: Sidewinder v4, BLTouch 3.1, Waggster mod - BLTouch keeps blinking red  (Read 86 times)

spodletela

• View Profile
/* SOLVED  - on attached picture the plug is turned into WRONG direction! After turning it around (the white one, 3 wires), 3d touch started to work! */

Manual on page 4 is confusingly written:

"NEW POSITION for v3 - For v4+ you need to rotate this 3 pin connector 180 degrees"

for v4 just ignore this and set it as seen on picture above this line.

---

I have just finished the instalation of Waggster BLTouch mod (1.5).

The BLTouch v3.1 led is blinking from starting the printer on and doesn't stop. No self-test is being made. As I have found on Antclabs page it is indicator of an "Alarm : The AI will flash the LED indicator if a problem is detected during a self-test or operation." but it doesnt really know what to do with it.

- installed the BL Touch instead of led
- changed the position of plug to the 4th row with plug "notches" turned to the broader (upper side of the board, picture is included)
- moved single pin to the position in manual
- removed display cable
- flashed board (X1 - Marlin 2.0.2 Waggster 1.5.hex)
- reattached display cable
- flashed display
- did reset of eprom and bltouch in "more" menu.

I am attaching how the plugs were done as this is the only thing I can remember of that I could mess it up - the page 4 is a bit hard to understand, (NEW POSITION for v3 - For v4+ you need to rotate this 3 pin connector 180 degrees), anyway if I did it right you can my picture to manual. Also the black wire pin is a little wobbly, but I think it has contact.

I can share two advices:
- for hot glue: use hairdryer, if you heat it just to the point where it is not completely melted, it will come out in one piece (use small screwdriver and take it out). Then use isopropyl alcohol to remove the residues still left and clean the contacts.
- you can use any card size, but it needs a partition that is fat32 (I havent tryed exfat, it might work too)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 01:57:51 AM by spodletela »

spodletela

• View Profile
Ok, I solved it, when the autoleveling was started instead of moving Y axis, the printer was moving Z axis so I have concluded it must be the plug connector.

It was turned into wrong direction, the picture that is on page 4 in manual is how it should be while the text bellow it is just confusing (turn 180 degrees for Sidewinder v4).