Author Topic: Just installed your CR-10 V2 firmware (no BLtouch)  (Read 199 times)

HobGoblyn

• View Profile
Just installed your CR-10 V2 firmware (no BLtouch)
« on: August 26, 2020, 06:00:45 AM »
Been using original firmware since getting CR10 v2, today I decided to update.

All went well except for one thing.

My Esteps were set to the default 93 after updating.  I did the usual test, marked 120mm  and extruded 100mm.  That left 46mm rather than 20mm.

So I changed the Esteps to 125.7, stored it, powered down and up the printer to check it still has the new Esteps, it has.

Repeated the test, it's still extruding exactly the same amount as when the Esteps was set at 93, still leaving me with exactly 46mm.  Double checked the Esteps was set at 125.7, it is.

Weird. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the firmware, much appreciated.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:32:59 AM by HobGoblyn »

HobGoblyn

• View Profile
Re: Just installed your CR-10 V2 firmware (no BLtouch)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 06:33:09 AM »
When I got the printer, I calibrated Esteps using the printer (as couldn't get it to connect to octoprint).  The Esteps I ended up with were 97.89 and when I rechecked it was perfect, leaving exactly 20mm spare.

After upgrading firmware to V2, I can now connect to octoprint, (also now using different cable so that could be it).   I've just retried tests using Octoprint,  I reset it to 93, fed through 100 mm and it left 25mm which works out to 97.89.

I enter my new figure via Octoprint and save it, I then rerun the test via Octoprint and sure enough spot on, exactly 20mm left.

So I go to the printer, repeat the test on there telling it to move axis extruder 100mm, this time it leaves 60mm.

Am I missing something here, it appears that sending Gcode feeds correctly but using the move axis doesn't, yet this is how I calibrated Esteps when I originally got the printer?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 06:11:50 AM »
Hi, just wondering if you reset your eepom, or load default settings, then save them via the LCD screen.  Without doing this I dont think it saves anything.

HobGoblyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 11:48:58 AM »
Ah this might be it as I didn't. It might also be that I was feeding through filament at a different rate from octoprint.

Many thanks